Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall Parties & Decor



Fall is officially upon us!!! I LOVE Fall...it represents so many wonderful things to me; crisp mornings, sweaters, falling leaves, our sunset maples changing colors, boots, hot apple cider(I love it from Starbucks without the Carmel, yes without, just try it steamed cider), pumpkins(all things pumpkin, bread, pie, muffins, cupcakes, pastas, bagels, cream cheese, giant pumpkins), cinnamon, the season of thanksgiving, blessing others, my son getting excited to dress up for Halloween, football, and the list goes on. I won't go and say fall is my absolute favorite season but I think its a tie with Winter and Summer. 


I love going through Pinterest and pinning all the gorgeous Pottery barn style front porches and decor. Today in honor of fall I thought I would share with you some of my fall decor and party pictures. I love a good fall party, it has to of course be planned around a major football game, before hunting season, and before we loose all hope of a good sunshine filled weekend. So we plan our party the first weekend in October, hunting season is the second, and always on a Saturday, to avoid any NFL games on Sunday, so my little sister can come home from college if she is able, and we can always still have college football on for the Dad's and grandpas who wish to check on the score;) For us we love to kick of the season with a gathering of our friends and let the kids and adults have a great time!!



Two years ago I did a Chili bar and I got the idea from the Pioneer Woman, you choose your chip preference, put all the fillings in your bag, and just walk around with it! I love the idea and am going to do it again this year along with another fabulous idea I have in the works to add. I did chili and then I did a turkey taco chili for any non meat eaters in attendance. I always try and make sure I have something for everyone.


My desert table is the place I love to keep it simple yet dressed up, each year I feel my style because a little more simple, rustic, and antique. I have a big box of fall decor that I just no longer like...I am IN love with my antique pie holder! I love pies and they are beautiful by them selves. I made my Fabric Garland last year for the party and love that I get to use it again! Hand making a new decoration each year is my favorite. 


We have some fun games lined up for the kids and we usually start out with the balloon dart pumpkin. My husband is a trooper and fills each balloon with candy(which is not an easy task) and makes this pumpkin for the party every year, its a huge hit!! We also do a pumpkin slingshot, and then we have the hay pile....




Each year the kids have tons of fun digging through it and finding all the treasures. This year however I will need to make it bigger and have some of the big kids help the little ones out, I am thinking 10 and under is a good age range for this game!



As you can see gunny sack races are perfect for both kids and adults, I have some pretty awesome diving pictures. Everyone has a blast!! My son is so excited about this, I think it is his favorite, he keeps telling me its not party time till the finish line is set up:) He loves to run back and forth with the groups of racers!


Apple boobing...what kid doesn't love the thrill of getting their head soaking wet and trying to get the apple out! all in all its a great party! In any party planning it takes a lot of work and preparation. I can not take much credit for the games, that is all my husband, he takes full control of that and its perfect. I take care of the decor, food, and presentation and he keeps the party rolling with entertainment. We work as a great team and each year it gets a little better and a little bigger! I am so grateful for all my amazing family and friends who help out so much to help make this party amazing!

So weather you like to go to others parties, are thinking about starting your own fall party, or looking to add a few ides to a party you do, I hope you enjoyed some of our fun games and decor at our Annual Harvest Party.

Happy Fall Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment