Sunday, August 24, 2014

Hello...I'm Back!!! Fabric Garland & Wreath

Hi friends...I had no intention of taking the entire summer away from the blog but it just happened. Summer around here is pretty busy, we have two big gardens and other vegetables growing around the property. We are finally going to build another garden just for my husbands pumpkins:) I really enjoy my hanging baskets and all the other planters I fill and miracle grow like to crazy to make them as huge and abundant with flowers as possible! Somewhere in the mix of the parties we hosted, birthdays we celebrated, pool time we enjoyed with this amazing summer heat, doing my actual work for my husbands office,and just enjoying life with my little family, big family, and friends it slipped away! To be completely honest we do not eat too many exciting things come summer. We are basically eating what we grow and my poor husband is extremely ready for some hearty fall food;) I do throw in man food throughout the week since I am out numbered in my family but I could eat Chicken, Kale, and tomatoes for days. 


We started of our summer with going on our first trip without our handsome Lil man to celebrate my Lil sister/best friends 21 birthday VEGAS style. Here he is the first night excited to have a sleepover at Aunt Jen's and then in the morning of the day we were coming home, waiting for our car to arrive. He actually watched our plane on the computer screen and they searched google maps to try and find us, he is too precious. He thought he lost me...I am not sure I can ever leave him that long again!!!


This was the first day we arrived and the birthday girl is in the middle! We always said we would go to Vegas for her 21st birthday and so blessed we were able to celebrate her and enjoy it Vegas style and we even won! It was a wonderful vacation! 


A few days after we got back I co-hosted a wonderful couples baby shower in honor of our dear friends! 


Today I am sharing with you a new party decoration that I may be a little obsessed with! My neighbor & good friend introduced these to me last year when she made a super cute one for her daughters first birthday and ever since I can't get enough of them! If you head over to Little Miss Momma you will find the perfect tutorial on how to make the perfect addition for your next party. Above is the fabric garland I made for my dear friends Couple Shower I co-hosted in June, she recently had her beautiful and precious twins, Brynlee & Bronson and they are perfect!! This is such a great idea for baby showers, I highly suggest coordinating your shower colors with the baby/babies room colors. You never know if the mama to be will love them enough to use them as decor in the room. In my case she did and I was blessed I could add a little extra love to their ADORABLE room! I made the above garland using 1/2 yard of each fabric color.


2 weeks later we threw our annual 4th of July party, it is a huge block party with a pig roast, pretty epic firework show, friends, days of fun, and a much needed 14 hours of recovery sleep:) Each year I make something new to add to my decor. Of course I continued my obsession with some more fabric garland. In the two above photos I used 1 yard of each color so the garland would hang a little longer. My Lil sister in the photo above with me is my go to party helper, she is such an amazing helper and I am so blessed she willingly volunteers her time to help me get ready!!


This garland is using 1/2 yard fabric piece. It is much shorter but it works perfect in the right location:)


 I make a wreath for my Sons birthday every year and I hang it on his door until his birthday the next year. In the years past I have always made a balloon wreath, but this year to go along with my new obsession I made this fabric wreath!! Head over too Southern Priss Designs and follow her super easy tutorial! I made a square one and I need to get started on a Seattle Seahawk themed one since football season is upon us and we are World Champions here in Seattle...SEAHAWKS. 



 My son has always had a love for trains. One of his favorite lunch spots we frequent after his haircut is a Pizza place right by the train tracks, so he can eat his favorite Cheese Pizza and watch trains go by. This past year we discovered Dinosaur Train on PBS and he fell in Love, I let him pick between 2 choices for his party theme and he choose Dinosaur train! It was tons of fun to put together, I love party planning, I get it can be a little over the top at times, but its my thing and I really enjoy doing it! He would be happy with just a chocolate cake and his friends but its fun to go all out and be creative:) 


I found the perfect party favor on Etsy from Abigails Hands, she was so wonderful to work with and did an amazing job!! I think I may be seeing some little ones as dinosaurs for Halloween this year!!!

This summer has been amazing and while its not over yet with school a week and a half away I am prepping myself for my little man to start his first day of Pre-K!! While at moments I am ready and moments I could break down, he is going to LOVE it!! One thing is for sure he is ready, he talks about it every day and tells random people he is going to school tomorrow;) While I will have more time to do office work, workout, and do my blog...I am sure going to miss the lazy cuddle watch TV together mornings, I have been so beyond blessed to be able to stay at home with him and create all these wonderful memories and routines, I have cherished them and wish he could stay little forever. But here is to the next step in motherhood and who knows, maybe next year we become a homeschooling family...

I will be back this week with some wonderful recipes to help you use up all those garden tomatoes and zucchini you may have growing as abundant as I do;)








1 comment: