Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Welcome to My Kitchen

Hi!! My name is Gillian and thank you for stopping by Ms. Marquet's Kitchen and my very first blog post!! I am so excited to start this new adventure and to share with you what comes out of my kitchen and home!! There will be party planning tips, meals, delicious baked goods, organizing tips, meal planning, and healthy living! I believe in putting real food and real ingredients in our bodies. 

Today I just want to show you a little about me and the fun we are going to have on this blogging journey and the things I hope to show you a long the way!! Don't mind all the pictures, I promise this will be the only time I go all out with crazy pictures or maybe not...haha! But all these remind me of Spring and the start of my big party season under way! Here are some of my past parties and treats I have made. I won't show these parties again only new ones in the future...promise;) Enjoy and at the end I will give a teaser for my very first desert post!!

 This was my little sisters 18th Birthday Party! It was so much fun to put together, we did a Western theme.
 I LOVE Pie Pops, Pie is one of my most favorite things and to make it small and the no fuss serving is a great party idea! To save even more time use pre-made crust. Not as delicious as home made but sometimes sleep is worth it!!
 The western printable is from http://www.chickabug.com/teens-and-tweens/country-western-party/  I used my Cricut for the glitter paper. 

 My little Sister Carmen's grad party was so much fun, these a just a few pics from it and the banners I made with my Cricut, its an amazing machine! I LOVE it!
 CUPCAKES, CUPCAKES, CUPCAKES!! No party is complete without them!!
 Chocolate Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Fresh Strawberry, and Oreo Truffle above! YUM!!!!

Above is lunches I have made in the past for our office as a Thank you to others who send us patients! I so enjoyed doing it and of course doing it around a holiday to theme it all together and a great way to show our appreciation. At the moment I have taken a time out from it but will get back into it on a smaller scale when my son goes to school. Look forward to Thank you lunches and gift bags in the future!
  I LOVE Easter! It is a beautiful time of year, my tulips and spring bulbs are springing, birds are chirping, Chickens are laying more eggs, Sun is Shinning, and we get to celebrate our Savior and his Love and Grace for us!! Oh and Carrot Cake, Spring and carrot cake...I am ready for my first Carrot Cake of the year!
Showers of any kind scream Spring to me! This is a Bridal Shower for a dear friend of mine her sister and I threw. Her sister is a photographer and has wonderful pictures I still need to get. I however and learning. so bear with me!
 Strawberry Cheesecake bars with fresh Strawberry Sauce, Yogurt Parfaits, Fresh Fruit with a delicious dipping sauce! It was a wonderful Bridal Shower brunch!
 Blueberry Muffins, oh my! Those will be coming soon. I have made the same ones since High School and I will never change they are divine. Especially when you use fresh picked local blueberries! So those will come in August!


 Baby Showers!! Another sign Spring is upon us! This was such a treat for me to host for another dear friend of mine and everything was so fresh and the lemonade stand perfect for a sweet cravings table! 


 This is my sweet baby girl Koco! While she is no longer a baby at 10 years old we still call her that! She is alwasy front and center at every party and in the kitchen waiting for something to come her way!
 This was such a fun cake to make for my older sister's baby Shower!

 I love to celebrate Birthday's and I always try to do something for the girls at our office who work so very hard for us! The patients love it to!! 


 How cute was this Watermelon lunch! While this says Summer more then Spring, today its like 55 and beautiful in Washington so after all the rain we have been having sun makes me want to do all things spring/Summer!!
So this is my handsome little man eating his very first Strawberry from our garden! There is nothing like a fresh Strawberry right from the Garden! Stay Tuned because in the next few days I am going to whip up a mean Fresh Strawberry Pie that will leave you wanting to make it and then maybe eat the whole thing!!! 

Thanks for listening to me go on and on and look at all my pics. I am so excited to share this journey with you and all the thoughts in my head:)! 

Much Love,
Gillian Marquet

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Gillian! Or should I say, "Ms. Marquet!" You have an amazing talent and now it is so nice to see it showcased with all of us! I have been truly blessed by not only attending a few of your parties and eating all your yummies, but also for being the guest of honor at the wonderful baby shower you hosted for me last year! I am always amazed at what comes out of your kitchen...never have I tasted anything bad! I'm looking forward to following your new blog and seeing and tasting all those good things you make! You are just a lovely person inside and out :) xo

    ReplyDelete