Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Black Bean Dip


 I have a huge LOVE for really good Mexican food. I think I could eat it 5 nights a week and not get sick of it. We had Mexican at our wedding and everyone loved it!! So if you are a Mexican lover like myself then you will have plenty of recipes coming your way! We recently went to Cabo in December and I ate Tacos to my hearts content! The best I found were at Cabo Wabo, I can still taste them, or maybe not I guess I need to get back on a plane and refresh my memory;) I also had Chile Rellenos for the first time at the famous Miguels in Todos Santos and they are famous for good reason, they were AMAZING! We went back twice, first time I ordered a pure cheese and the second time I got fish in them. Again I think I need to get back on a plane to refresh my memory of how good they are!! 


So here is Miguel's and they were actually featured in the New York Times! Miguel himself was so nice and friendly! He has a passion for his Restaurant!
But back to my Black Bean Dip. My little sister & BFF is home for Spring Break!!! I love it when she is back in town we always seem to find a good reason to head to the Nordstrom Rack. She needed a dress for an upcoming formal at her sorority and $50 to spend, she found a super cute dress and sweater to wear on top, all for $49 and she saved over $200!!! Finding deals on high quality pieces is the best!!!
 Back in her college town there is a Mexican Restaurant with a delicious Black Bean Dip they serve with the chips and salsa, I wanted to recreate it for the Mexican dinner I was making the other night! It turned out to be a success and she said it tasted just like it! So next time you are having a Mexican dinner or craving Nachos put this bean dip in the slow cooker and you wont be disappointed!

 Here are the players that you will be needing: Black Beans, Water, Garlic, Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Bay leaves(I love Bay leaves they are magical), Cumin, Coriander, Oregano, Chicken Bouillon Cube, Lime

Black Bean Dip:

1 cup of dry Black Beans
Water (enough to cover about 2 inches above beans)
5 cloves of Garlic
1/4 cup of dehydrated onion
1 tsp Kosher Salt
Fresh black pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp Coriander
1/4 tsp oregano
1 chicken Bouillon cube
Lime

Optional Servings: Diced up Roma Tomatoes, Cilantro, Feta or Cotija Cheese

Place all ingredients except the lime in a slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours. You can do high for 5 hours but I always prefer low and slow. When the beans are tender you can use an immersion blender or place everything in your blender or food processor and blend till desired texture. Squeeze in your lime and give it a nice pulse. Serve with chips, spread it on a burrito, make your own taco salad and put it in there, put it in some nachos. Its dinner time and this is making me hungry! 





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sample! Can you deliver special orders? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special ORders for you guys anytime;)!!

    ReplyDelete