Sunday, April 6, 2014

Weekly Roundup

 Hello there, Happy Sunday! We are locked in today with a heavy mist, my body is screaming for warmth and sunshine, I need it badly! They say that it is suppose to be almost 70 tomorrow, I do hope so!! Spring has been springing up around our yard lately and it is lovely to see. 

My Daphne Odora plant is blooming and really starting to have a beautiful fragrance, loved seeing a bee doing some pollination. Bees who help with pollination are a wonderful thing. In fact as I was watching Dinosaur train this morning with my little man, before the show they did a fun fact on honey bees and making your own honey. I told my husband I think we should start that in our back property, it might even help our fruit trees;) Not sure if he is on board but give it a year and we may be honey bee farmers:)!! How delicious would fresh honey be in homemade honey butter on a warm roll, it is great for your skin, a delicious substitute for corn syrup! I think we need to do it!!

My sweet 3 year old has been loving helping out the dishes. He grabs his stool, I grab a nice big towel to put under the stool, he goes to town and has tons of fun! I love making chores fun and not even having to ask. He just jumps right in and has about 30 minutes of fun entertainment. He has always been such a big helper and I am so blessed by his eagerness to help others and learn new things. Enjoying these moments while they last!




 Dear friends of ours are having twins!!! We are so very excited for them, on Friday she had a gender reveal party and made this delicious cake. I have been eyeing it up on Pinterest and it was just as tasty as I imagined it would be, Sally's Baking Addiction Lemon Blueberry Cake. She did food coloring in the layers to reveal, 2 boys?, 2 girls?, 1 of each? ? I won't reveal what she is having because she has not made it public. But I am super excited to get to planning a Couple's Shower with one of her good friends! Party Planning season is in full swing!!!


This is how we do wake-up time in our home. My husband is wide eyed ready to conquer the world, my little man and I like to relax a little and watch Dinosaur Train, he has a slight obsession with it and I actually enjoy learning some new things. Mostly though I just like the cuddle time, I could cuddle with him and the doggies all day!!


I have been getting the house ready for Easter and I recently just got this new Chalkboard that I LOVE! This is my first go ahead at it and while the writing could be improved, I am not stressing over it! Thank you pinterest for fun Chalkboard ideas I have seen around. So glad to finally have one and write fun things with the change of seasons and events!! I am currently working on my table scape for Easter, I will try to reveal that this week to help with any ideas you might be having. I love to decorate!


I went to England, Ireland, & Scotland in High School for a Basketball Tour. It was so much fun to be able to travel and play Basketball in another country. It is something I will never forget. We stayed at a host home in England and Scotland. This wonderful lady we stayed with in Englad made this AMAZING pie. I am telling you 13 years later I can still remember how good it was. I saw this recipe on Brown Eyed Baker and I think this might be the pie! I can not wait to try it!!! 


How cute is this printable! It was all gone on etsy but I am hoping maybe she will do another one or I can find someone to recreate it!! Its perfect! I hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend! I am hoping for lots of sunshine this week, baking, cuddles with my little man, and Fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment