Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rolled Chicken


This dish is one of those comfort food Sunday Dinner meals. It takes a little bit of time to prepare but it is worth the effort and plus maybe you have had a rough day and all the beating you have to do on the meat will get out any frustration you may or may not have:) This is honestly one of my favorite meals, when asked growing up what I wanted for my birthday dinner I frequently remember asking for this chicken. My mom was and is a wonderful cook and baker, my Aunt Karen her sister is a dynamite baker, her pies and cheesecakes are delicious!!! I got blessed with their talent!


You start out by beating you Chicken breast till they are very thin, when you think you have pounded them down enough keep going a little longer:)



Season them with salt and pepper and spread some melted butter on them.


Spread 1-2 teaspoons of Grey Poupon on each Chicken Breast, depending on how much you like Dijon, I really like it but I meet halfway because my husband is not as favorable to it.


Next do a very generous layer of Monetary Jack cheese on top about 1/4-1/2 cup on each Chicken breast, yes generous is key. Then Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning evenly over the Chicken Breasts. I topped a few with Kale as an experiment and really liked it, so add some Kale to yours if you wish.


Next roll them up and secure them with toothpicks, I find it is much easier to dredge and roll them in the flour,eggs, and breadcrumbs this way:) I recently just went to my first Pampered Chef party and I purchased these AMAZING coating trays they are fantastic! 


Roll them in Flour, Egg Wash, and Italian Breadcrumbs. Fry them in some butter and olive oil in a skillet till browned on each side.


Pour 2 Tablespoons melted butter on top and sprinkle some Monetary Jack Cheese on them and bake them in the oven @ 350 for 30 minutes.


Serve with your desired vegetables and enjoy. Perfect for a delicious comforting Sunday dinner and I think even better the next day for leftovers!!

Rolled Chicken
Ms. Marquet's Kitchen

4 Chicken Breasts
Salt & Pepper
4 Tablespoons Melted Butter
Dijon Mustard
3 cups Monetary Jack Cheese
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
Chopped Kale (optional)
Flour
2 Eggs 
2 Cups Italian Breadcrumbs

Trim and Beat your Chicken breasts till thin. Spread 2 tablespoons of melted butter on chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 -2 teaspoons of Dijon on each chicken breast, top with 1/4-1/2 cup cheese, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning evenly over the chicken breasts, lay some shredded Kale if desired in there and the roll up and fasten with toothpicks.
Preheat Oven to 350.
Roll each Chicken Breast in flour, Egg, then Breadcrumbs.
Heat a Skillet over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more if needed and fry each chicken breast till golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes each side.
Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment