Friday, April 18, 2014

Weekly Round-up

Happy Good Friday and Easter weekend (if you celebrate Easter)! I love Easter, it is right up there with Christmas. I love the time of year, everything is fresh, the grass and trees are a beautiful green, the spring flowers are in full bloom, and the birds are out singing! I have a few books that I have been reading to my son that explain a little more about Easter then just the Easter bunny, to me Easter is all about the Cross and Jesus Christ finished work. I am so blessed that he paid the price for all my sins past and to come, a man who knew no sin took all our sins upon him. Its a love I am so grateful for and blessed to have and share with my son. 


I found this super cute Easter Bunny last year and I apologize I do not have the source, it is most likely on pinterest:) It is a gentle reminder of the true meaning of Easter in a great way to teach our little ones. Do you have any fun Easter traditions?! We did our first Easter egg hunt for my son and nephews last year and I am excited for them to go at it again this year! I love seeing the joy that children have in whatever activity or holiday they are partaking in. Children are always so filled with Love, joy, and Grace...its contagious! My oldest nephew just turned 6!!! I am still shocked at how time has gone by, we celebrated on Sunday at a bounce house place and the kids had a blast!! They jumped till they were sweaty, red in the face so tired they didn't want to be done but did at the same time;) My son has a few war wounds to show from it and he keeps talking all week about how much fun he had! Sometimes the best wounds tell great fun stories:) 


 I can not wait to make this delicious Kale and Wild Rice Bowl from Iowa Girl Eats, she always has fresh, delicious, and healthy gluten free dishes on her site! So go ahead and put this on your menu for next week, I will be and I can already tell it will be amazing! I have to say I am so blessed that my husband never complains about any meal that I prepare, I always try and ask if there is anything special he wants on the menu and he normally says no but I always try to incorporate him in it. He has never complained about eating Kale and loves it, for that I am so thankful! We like to eat healthy and Kale is a beautiful thing to have 2-3 days a week in the meals or as a side dish!


This past week for Bible study I made this seriously decadent Lemon Almond Bread from Two Peas and their Pod, it was so good!! I always like to bake new things for Bible Study and experiment with my Pinterest finds:) This one did not disappoint in any way, I was glad that I shared it with many because I could have easily eaten the whole thing:) It was fresh and light! Go and make it for Easter brunch!


Have you decided what you will be making for Easter, I saw this Carrot Cake Cheesecake Cake from Recipe Girl and it looks AMAZING! I mean to combine carrot cake and cheesecake two of probably my favorite things (on a side not I have realized I have many favorite things especially yummy baked goods, I am not sure I could pick my top favorite). I have a carrot cake that I usually make and will make for Easter but I will for sure be trying this one out in the near future!! Also there is this delicious Hummingbird Cake below that would be perfect for Easter as well;) 


Wishing you a beautiful, Sunny, and Happy Easter Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment