Tuesday, December 9, 2014

On the 5th, 7th, & 8th Day of Christmas....

December is going by faster then I wish! My favorite days are spent with my little man talking about Christmas, reading Christmas books, and hanging out in our Christmas jammies! Each day when we get home, its straight to his bedroom take off his uniform and its Christmas jammies and slippers for the rest of the day! Its pretty cute...I love his excitement and joy for this time of year! Jingle Bells, Away in a Manger, and all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth are a few songs he doesn't stop singing:) One of my favorite books currently is J for Jesus each time we see a candy cane he turns it upside down and says J is for Jesus and the Shepard's used it as the cane! I love how much he is into learning and retaining all about baby Jesus, the reason for the season! And of course the cookies....

On the 5th Day of Christmas some jolly neighbors brought to you...PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS. These are one of Blake's favorite cookies to help with and to help eat! This year has been fun to watch him help and be able to do more things.




These are just to remember how cute he is and how fast they grow...if time could stand still! 





You can find the recipe for the Peanut Butter Cookies over on Our Best Bites. I love there Peanut Butter Cookie recipe and I just stick the Hershey kiss on right after I take them out of the oven! 
On a side note I am doing the 6th day over again, I was not happy with how the fudge turned out. You win some and you lose some, we still handed them out but for me it went in the okay department;)!



On the 7th day of Christmas some of Santa's helpers gave to you...COWBOY COOKIES! Cowboy Cookies are a huge hit, one of my little sisters favorite, the neighbor girl requested them and Blake loves them this year! They come from the amazing former First Lady Laura Bush and you can find them here! They are full of Oats, Nuts, Chocolate, Coconut, and a bunch of cinnamon!! So in the healthy category they are further up...


On the 8th day of Christmas some little elves brought to you...JAM THUMBPRINT COOKIES! I love jam thumbprint cookies, these are ones Blake had no intention of helping with because he does not like jam, unless on the rare occasion on his pancakes, Silly yes, but I LOVE them. Growing up we made them dipped in egg yolk rolled in chopped walnuts and you put the jam in after cooking. I love these ones because they taste like shortbread with the perfect sweetness from the cooked jam.

Jam Thumbprint
Adapted from Martha Stewart

3 sticks of Unsalted Butter Room temperature
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups of flour (spooned, leveled and sifted)
3/4 cup of jam (any flavor you wish, I like raspberry)

Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with Parchment paper.

In a stand mixer or large bowl with hand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Add egg and then vanilla. With mixer on low, in stages, add flour until just incorporated.

Roll into 1 inch balls (i used a small cookie scoop) and place on baking sheets.
Moisten thumb with water and make an indentation on each cookie. Place 1/2 teaspoon of jam on each cookie. Bake for 16-18 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely! 

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment