Friday, December 5, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Cookies

Happy Friday and Merry December:)!! I absolutely love this time of year, four years ago I started a tradition with my lil' man that for the first 12 days of Christmas we would make cookies and deliver them to the neighbors! It is so much fun, I wanted to do something with him that he would remember forever but that would also teach him about giving to others and blessing then with a little extra Christmas joy! We have had so much fun and this year is really fun, he is at that age where everything is exciting, he is a great helper, and is so excited to hand out cookies and see every ones Christmas decor! I hope you enjoy the next several posts as they will all be holiday treats! Do you have any fun traditions with your kids, family, friends? I wrap all Blake's Christmas books and each day he gets to open one:) I love all the joy and excitement that Christmas brings, we had Blake's first Christmas program this year and it was adorable! We had a fun and busy week so today I will be sharing the first 4 days with you:)


Here are two pictures from the first 2 years of our cookie making:) 


On the 1st Day of Christmas some jolly neighbors brought to me....Oreo Truffles. These are my favorite! I love to always have them on hand in the freezer and they couldn't be easier to make. Head on over to The girl who ate everything for the details.




We also had a bake sale to help out with this week so Tuesday we made some super easy Chocolate dipped oreos. They are super simple, Double Stuffed Oreos, melting chocolate (I like Bakers), cake pop sticks, sprinkles, and some white chocolate or almond bark for a little swirl on top. Wrap them up pretty and a perfect treat all ages will love and super simple!




On the 2nd Day of Christmas some true friends gave to me....Gingerbread Cookie Bars! These are AMAZING, and so easy I made them on Tuesday for Day 2 and Thursday for the bake sale at school also. They were a huge hit! They are from Six Sisters Stuff new cookbook 12 Days of Christmas. You can find the recipe over on The girl who ate everything, you will want to make these again and again! They are addicting, sweet, delicious, and perfect with your morning cup of coffee or a tall glass of ice cold milk! YUM!!!



On the 3rd day of Christmas some merry neighbors brought to me....SNICKER DOODLES!!! Who doesn't love a good soft fluffy snickerdoodle, they are always yummy, I found a dynamite recipe 3 years ago from Lovin the Oven, this one is a keeper!!



On the 4th Day of Christmas some Jolly neighbors brought to you...SNOWBALL COOKIES!! This was my very first time making snowball cookies and I am not sure why I have never made them before! They are so good, melt in your mouth make you want more good! They will stay on the list year after year and will never be replaced! I looked at several recipes to make but went with this one from Cooking Classy

I hope you are having a wonderful start to your Christmas season and enjoy baking some yummy treats to share with those around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment