Tuesday, October 21, 2014

You've been BOO'D

October is almost over and pretty soon Thanksgiving will be here and then Christmas! But before I think about all that, lets stick with the holidays in order! I love getting crafty and making each holiday fun for my son. We do our annual Harvest Party every year to kick of the Fall season and to get Trick or Treat ready last year Blake & I started the tradition of Booing our neighbors. You are technically only suppose to do 1 or 2 neighbors if you are the one who starts it, but I wanted to make more baskets for pictures and when I asked Blake who he wanted to BOO the list was long!!! So we narrowed it down to 4!


You can get this fun printable over at Just a Little Sparkle. They also have  many other You've Been BOOD printable on pinterest. Also I have seen You've been Boooz'ed which is pretty cute and fun for the adults or maybe a neighbor who has no children and would enjoy a bottle of wine. 


First we started with our favorite candy. My son has been singing the Kit Kat song every time he wants one, its pretty cute. Twix I mean its a tie up there with a Kit Kat bar, I am not sure which one I could choose. Then a good ole Mr. Goodbar, chocolate and peanuts, its the perfect combination.


We made Oreo Truffles that are amazing. If you have not had them before you must make them! They are a rich and decadent treat, perfect with your morning coffee if you are okay with sweets and coffee. I think its perfectly acceptable...


Blake LOVES to make rice krispie treats he is amazing at stirring and spreading the sprinkles on top! I always try to get him involved when we are making things for others, it makes it so much fun for him and extra special.


Instead of going through the trouble of making Caramel apples I bought packaged caramel stuck in an apple and wrapped it up cute, so much easier!!


So get out there and go BOO your neighbors or that special family in your life that you know would just love it or needs an extra dose of love, joy, and chocolate in this sometimes stressful life. Blake did AMAZING Booing this year, he wanted to do it all by himself. He would set the basket down knock and run quickly away! It was a blast, he wanted to Boo more and more but I told him we did have to leave some neighbors un-boo'd so others could Boo back. Maybe next year we will understand that a little better!


Here is the printable we used last year You've been Boo'D!!! Enjoy these last days of October, the air is getting colder and I am excited to bundle up and go on cold weather runs.


No comments:

Post a Comment